Report a Street Problem

Winter Sidewalk

If you notice a problem that needs fixing as you travel around the city, please do take a moment to report it. This is the most effective and efficient way for us to know what needs attention.

To report a physical problem with a street, such as potholes or broken traffic signals, please use Commonwealth Connect. Issues related to public safety or those requiring immediate attention (wires or tree limbs down, etc.) should be reported directly to the Cambridge Police Non-Emergency Line at 617/349-3300. For more information about the Department of Public Works' street and sidewalk maintenance, click here.

To report a traffic enforcement issue, please contact the Police Department's Traffic Enforcement Unit.

For More Information

For more information, please contact the Environmental and Transportation Planning Division, 617/349-4600