U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

Official websites use .gov
A .gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States.

Secure .gov websites use HTTPS
A lock ( ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .gov website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

City Clerk's Office

Picture of historical document

The City Clerk is the official record keeper for the City of Cambridge. Records kept by the Office of the City Clerk include vital statistics (including birth, marriage, domestic partnerships and death) and business and professional certificates.


  • Vital records (birth, death and marriage certificate) 

    If you would like to request a certified copy of a birth, marriage or death record, you can order online at www.cambridgema.gov/vitals. Due to     COVID-19, we encourage contactless requests

  • Marriages

    In order to apply to be married please call 617-349-4260.
    In order to schedule a wedding ceremony before a Justice of the Peace at city hall please call 617-349-4260.



Contact Us

How can we help?

Please provide as much detail below as possible so City staff can respond to your inquiry:

As a governmental entity, the Massachusetts Public Records Law applies to records made or received by the City. Any information received through use of this site is subject to the same provisions as information provided on paper.

Read our complete privacy statement

Service Requests

Enter a service request via Commonwealth Connect for things like missed trash pickups, potholes, etc.