U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

Official websites use .gov
A .gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States.

Secure .gov websites use HTTPS
A lock ( ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .gov website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

Submit Certified Payroll Reports


In accordance with Massachusetts General Law c. 149, §27B, a true and accurate record must be kept of all persons employed on the public works project for which the enclosed rates have been provided.

How to Start

  • On a weekly basis, every contractor and subcontractor is required to submit a certified copy of their weekly payroll records to the City; this includes the payroll forms and the Statement of Compliance form. 
  • A Payroll Form is available from the Department of Labor Standards (DLS) and includes all the information required to be kept by law.
  • Certified payroll reports can be submitted:
    • via email to certifiedpayrolls@cambridgema.gov,
    • via mail
City of Cambridge
ATTN: Purchasing Department
Cambridge City Hall
795 Massachusetts Ave. Cambridge Ma. 02139.


  • Every contractor or subcontractor is required to keep these records and preserve them for a period of three years from the date of completion of the contract.
  • Each contractor and subcontractor shall furnish weekly and within 15 days after completion of its portion of the work, to the awarding authority directly by first-class mail or e-mail, a statement, executed by the contractor, subcontractor or by any authorized officer thereof who supervised the payment of wages.
Page was last modified on 7/24/2023 8:11 PM
Contact Us

How can we help?

Please provide as much detail below as possible so City staff can respond to your inquiry:

As a governmental entity, the Massachusetts Public Records Law applies to records made or received by the City. Any information received through use of this site is subject to the same provisions as information provided on paper.

Read our complete privacy statement

Service Requests

Enter a service request via SeeClickFix for things like missed trash pickups, potholes, etc.