Economic Opportunity and Development
Explore the Cambridge Small Business Dashboard!
CDD launched a small business data dashboard to help current and aspiring Cambridge business owners access market research and understand the city's business climate.
View Cambridge Economic Data
What We Do
The Economic Opportunity and Development Division is committed to building an inclusive and sustainable economy in the City of Cambridge. The Division is responsible for a wide range of activities designed to meet the City's need for a vibrant, innovative, diverse, and thriving economic base that ensures economic opportunity for all.
The Division works at all levels of our economy to:
- Support small and micro-businesses to grow
- Promote and strengthen our commercial districts
- Develop economic development programs and policies to support and empower Cambridge’s residents, workforce, and businesses
- Retain and partner with key industries that drive innovation, job growth, and global competitiveness
- Connect residents and businesses to economic resources and information