U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

Official websites use .gov
A .gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States.

Secure .gov websites use HTTPS
A lock ( ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .gov website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.


City Seal

The Purchasing Office is responsible for implementation and administration of the City’s centralized procurement processes, ensuring that all purchases of goods and services are made in accordance with State law and City Ordinance and are open, fair, competitive, and obtained at the lowest possible cost. The Purchasing Office promotes the use of Commonwealth of Massachusetts contracts when appropriate and encourages participation of and outreach to minority, local and women-owned businesses.

Tips and FAQs

How to I know if my vendor registry was accepted?

All entries are accepted and added to our vendor list. You will not receive a confirmation of this, because it is an automated system.

How do I submit Certified Payroll reports?

Certified payroll reports can be submitted via email to certifiedpayrolls@cambridgema.gov, or mailed weekly to the attention of the Purchasing Department located at Cambridge City Hall, 795 Massachusetts Ave. Cambridge Ma. 02139

Two forms are required to be submitted with weekly payroll reports:

Learn more about submitting Certified Payroll Reports

What is the Living Wage Ordinance?

The Living Wage Ordinance (2.121) provides, at 2.121.030 (b), that the wage shall be upwardly adjusted each year no later than March 1st in proportion to the increase in the Annual Average Consumer Price Index for the prior calendar year for All Urban Consumers (CPI-U) in the Boston area, as published by the federal Bureau of Labor Statistics. Learn more.

As of March 1, 2023, the new Living Wage is $18.41. This amount should be communicated to vendors subject to the Living Wage Ordinance and will be used to adjust pay for appropriate city employees.

The adjustment does not affect any existing contractual agreements unless the terms of those agreements so require. Questions concerning applicability and enforcement of the ordinance should be directed to the City of Cambridge Law Department at 617-349- 4121 or the Purchasing Department at 617-349-4310.3

When can I fill out a snow plowing application for the City?

Applications usually become available in early November.

Contact Us

How can we help?

Please provide as much detail below as possible so City staff can respond to your inquiry:

As a governmental entity, the Massachusetts Public Records Law applies to records made or received by the City. Any information received through use of this site is subject to the same provisions as information provided on paper.

Read our complete privacy statement

Service Requests

Enter a service request via SeeClickFix for things like missed trash pickups, potholes, etc.