U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

Official websites use .gov
A .gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States.

Secure .gov websites use HTTPS
A lock ( ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .gov website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

American Flag

Apply for Chapter 115 Veterans' Benefits

Veterans Services

Veterans and dependents whose income is below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level, and whose assets do not exceed $5,000 if singled or $9,800 if married, may be eligible for Chapter 115 benefits.

How to Start

In order to apply for Chapter 115 benefits please call 617-349-4760 to setup an appointment for application.


To be eligible for Chapter 115 benefits you must be a resident of Cambridge.

In addition to residency the following documentation must be presented to the Veterans' Service office during the application intake:

  • Military Discharge (DD214)
  • Marriage Certificate (if married)
  • Veteran’s Death Certificate (is widow is apply for benefits)
  • Birth Certificate for children under 19 years old
  • Rent receipt signed by landlord, or current lease
  • 3 Months of bank statements
  • Document all monthly income (Social Security Award Letter, VA Award Letter, 4 weeks of pay stubs)
Page was last modified on 7/24/2023 8:12 PM
Contact Us

How can we help?

Please provide as much detail below as possible so City staff can respond to your inquiry:

As a governmental entity, the Massachusetts Public Records Law applies to records made or received by the City. Any information received through use of this site is subject to the same provisions as information provided on paper.

Read our complete privacy statement

Service Requests

Enter a service request via SeeClickFix for things like missed trash pickups, potholes, etc.