U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

Official websites use .gov
A .gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States.

Secure .gov websites use HTTPS
A lock ( ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .gov website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

American Flag

Apply for VA Non-Service Pension

Veterans Services

Pension is a benefit paid to wartime veterans who have limited or no income, and who are age 65 or older, or, if under 65, who are permanently and totally disabled, not due to their own willful misconduct. This is a low income benefit. Pays approximately $1,074/month minus offsets for all other incomes. The VA will add approximately $177/month for each dependent child. Medical premiums and expenses will be counted by VA to offset some of the incomes. Net worth rule of thumb is that gross income plus gross assets (excluding primary home) should not exceed $80,000.

How to Start

In order to apply for VA Disability Compensation please call 617-349-4760 to set up an appointment for application. Also, gather any private medical documentation that will support your claim.


To complete and application the following documentation is needed:

  • Military Discharge (DD214)
  • Marriage Certificate (If Married)
  • Birth Certificate (Children under 19)
  • All private medical documentation for conditions being claimed.
  • Direct deposit information 
Page was last modified on 7/24/2023 8:12 PM
Contact Us

How can we help?

Please provide as much detail below as possible so City staff can respond to your inquiry:

As a governmental entity, the Massachusetts Public Records Law applies to records made or received by the City. Any information received through use of this site is subject to the same provisions as information provided on paper.

Read our complete privacy statement

Service Requests

Enter a service request via SeeClickFix for things like missed trash pickups, potholes, etc.