- Internship Opportunities
The Community Development Department hires interns to assist with various planning projects and research tasks. Any internships for which we are currently accepting applications will be listed on this page, along with contact information and a link to a job description.
Housing Division Internship
The Housing Division works to promote and maintain the socioeconomic diversity of the city by developing initiatives to preserve and expand the City's stock of affordable housing.
The Intern will be responsible for a variety of tasks, primarily related to inclusionary housing, including:
- Analysis of new and existing inclusionary projects, which may include work with developers and property owners
- Research to support development of new policies for affordable housing programs
- Analysis of market rate housing developments, including rents, costs, and affordability
- Assistance in production of annual reports on inclusionary housing activity
- Assistance with consultant study of residents’ experiences in affordable housing
- Administrative support, community outreach, and organization, as needed.
Additional projects may be identified based on the applicant’s skills and interests and the division’s needs.
For more information on how to apply, view the job description.