The Development Log, published quarterly, tracks larger-scale residential and commercial development projects currently in permitting or construction phases. The Log contains the name and location of each project, the developer, type of use, square footage, and other related information.
View the latest Development Log.
Criteria for inclusion in the Development Log include:
- Commercial projects totaling over 30,000 square feet;
- Any other commercial project that falls under the jurisdiction of the Incentive Zoning Ordinance;
- Any other commercial project that falls under the jurisdiction of the Parking and Transportation Demand Management Ordinance;
- Residential projects of eight or more units that are either new construction, convert from a non-residential use, or add to or subtract from the existing number of units or square footage;
- Any other residential project that falls under the jurisdiction of the Inclusionary Zoning Ordinance;
- Any other project that employs 100% Affordable Housing Overlay zoning;
- Municipal projects in which one or more City departments have an interest that is considered significant;
- Any other project that has a significant impact on the neighborhood in which it is located.
Learn more about development in Cambridge - visit the Development Log Dashboard.
Both current and historical data about projects found in the Development Log are now available to the public in tabular format in the Planning section of the City’s Open Data web site:
You can view and search data without establishing an account. If you wish to save your work or make comments an account is required.
For More Information
Visit this form to sign up to receive email alerts when a edition of the Cambridge Development Log is published.
To obtain copies of the current or previous issues or for more information about the Development Log please contact Cliff Cook, Senior Planning Information Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, at 617/349-4656.