Learn about park planning, design or construction projects that are currently underway:
- Binney Street Park: The City will be constructing a new open space in eastern Cambridge located on Binney Street, between Galileo Galilei Way and the Grand Junction Railway Corridor.
- Clarendon Avenue Playground: The playground will undergo targeted repairs and equipment upgrades to improve play conditions for and the safety of its users.
- Graham and Parks School: The playground will undergo repair and maintenance work to improve play conditions for and the safety of its users.
- Harvard Square Kiosk and Plaza Working Group: In 2017, the City established a Harvard Square Kiosk and Plaza Working Group, composed of residents, business and property owners, representatives from local institutions, and urban design experts, to create a vision for the future use, operation, and governance of the Harvard Square Kiosk and Plaza.
- Morse School Outdoor Play Spaces: The City is undergoing a planning process for the renovation of the play area at the Morse School in Cambridgeport.
- Rogers Street Park: The City is developing a new open space in eastern Cambridge located on Rogers Street between 2nd Street and 3rd Street.
- Triangle Park: The City is developing a new open space in eastern Cambridge located between First Street, Binney Street, and Edwin H. Land Boulevard.
- Amigos School Play Area: In 2018, the City completed a renovation of the play area at the Amigos School in Cambridgeport.
- Cambridge Common: This project renovated the Cambridge Common and built a multi-use path alongside Flagstaff Park on Massachusetts Avenue. Work was competed during 2016.
- Cambridgeport School Playground: The City completed a renovation of the playground at the Cambridgeport School, located on Elm Street in the Port neighborhood, in 2016.
- Eastern Cambridge/Kendall Square Open Space Study: The City, through the Community Development Department conducted a public process to explore ways to integrate four open space parcels into the existing open space system in Kendall Square and eastern Cambridge.
- Elm and Hampshire Plaza: A comprehensive renovation of Elm and Hampshire Plaza in the Wellington-Harrington neighborhood was completed in 2015. The new plaza features improved seating areas, a Little Lending Library, a new spinning and climbing play feature, and musical dance chimes.
- Haggerty School Playground: Renovations were completed in 2015 to the playground at the Haggerty School, located along Cushing Street in the Strawberry Hill neighborhood.
- Hurley Street Park: The City recently completed a comprehensive renovation of Hurley Street Park in 2015. Hurley Street Park is an approximately 0.3 acre park located on Hurley Street in East Cambridge and features swings, waterplay, a variety of seating areas, and a new community garden.
- Sacramento Field: The City completed a comprehensive renovation of the field and held a soft opening celebration in July 2018. The 1.2 acre neighborhood park is located off Sacramento Street in the Agassiz neighborhood.