Learn about park planning, design or construction projects that are currently underway:
- Binney Street Park: The City will be constructing a new open space in eastern Cambridge located on Binney Street, between Galileo Galilei Way and the Grand Junction Railway Corridor.
- Harvard Square Kiosk and Plaza: In 2017, the City established a Harvard Square Kiosk and Plaza Working Group, composed of residents, business and property owners, representatives from local institutions, and urban design experts, to create a vision for the future use, operation, and governance of the Harvard Square Kiosk and Plaza.
- Peabody School Playground: A community process will be conducted to discuss improvements to the Peabody School Playground.
- Sennott Park: Beginning in late summer 2021, the City's contractor will begin working on-site to begin renovations to Sennott Park. Work will include comprehensive renovation of the playground, field area, water play area, walkways, fencing, and basketball courts.
- Timothy J. Toomey, Jr. Park (formerly Rogers Street Park): The City is developing a new open space in eastern Cambridge located on Rogers Street between 2nd Street and 3rd Street.
- Triangle Park: The City is developing a new open space in eastern Cambridge located between First Street, Binney Street, and Edwin H. Land Boulevard.
Recently Completed Projects
- Amigos School Play Area: In 2018, the City completed a renovation of the play area at the Amigos School in Cambridgeport.
- Clarendon Avenue Playground: The playground underwent targeted repairs and equipment upgrades to improve play conditions for and the safety of its users. This work was conducted in 2020 and completed in early 2021.
- Graham and Parks School: The playground underwent undergo repair and maintenance work to improve play conditions for and the safety of its users in 2019.
- Morse School Outdoor Play Spaces: In 2019, the City completed a renovation of the play area at the Morse School in Cambridgeport.
- Sacramento Field: The City completed a comprehensive renovation of the field and held a soft opening celebration in July 2018. The 1.2 acre neighborhood park is located off Sacramento Street in the Baldwin neighborhood.