Reports & Presentations
The following statistical profiles summarize a variety of information about Cambridge. these are a good starting point to begin learn about the numbers that describe the city.
This document includes 62 pages of statistical tables and charts covering wide range of topics, including general demographics, income, labor force and employment, transportation, land use and housing. The Profile can serve as both a general introduction to the make up of the City’s population and as a reference document. Updated in June 2011.
A publication of the Cambridge Public Health Department, the Community Health Assessment report provides a broad overview of data related to the health needs of the community.
The Housing Market Information packet provides information about the housing stock, including condominiums and affordable units, vacancy rates, market rate housing sales costs, condominium conversions, private market rents, foreclosures, mortgages, and affordability. Last updated in 2016.
A resource guide for businesses featuring location, demographic, workforce and commercial information to assist with locating your business in Cambridge.
Moving Forward: Cambridge's Journey to Work 2020, analyses American Community Survey data on commuting, which has been collected in the Census Transportation Planning Package (CTPP) together with Local Employer Households Dynamics (LEHD) data collected as part of the unemployment insurance program. The report summarizes the commuting patterns among three groups of workers:
- The Workforce, all those who work in Cambridge regardless of place of residence;
- The Labor Force, all those Cambridge residents who work regardless of place of work; and
- The Resident Labor Force, those who both reside in and work in Cambridge.
The report is based on data collected into the 2012 - 2016 CTPP data set, the most recent complete analysis of the national transportation data collected by the U. S. Census Bureau, and the 2017 LEHD data set. Comparative information is also provided from the 2000 and 2006 - 2010 Journey to Work data sets. Updated in 2020.
The 2019 Neighborhood Profile includes a three page summary for each of Cambridge's thirteen neighborhoods, as well as a summary of the City's population. Also included is a series of eleven data tables, allowing easy comparison of 1980, 1990, and 2000 Decennial Census results with the 2013 - 2017 American Community Survey, The Download the 2004 version of the Profile for additional topical tables.
Published by the Traffic, Parking and Transportation Department, this document reviews recent trends that point the way toward increased use of sustainable modes of transportation with in Cambridge.
Community Development staff members present demographics and socioeconomic data to various groups around the City. Presentations include analysis and updated information not available elsewhere. Note that statistics found in these presentations may be superseded by updated data sets posted elsewhere on the demographics pages. If you are interested in having a demographic presentation for your group, please refer to the contact information at the bottom of this page
- Language Access for Family Policy Council - Presents demographics about the linguistically isolated population and persons who identify as having a hearing or vision difficulty. The linguistically isolated include are those who speak English less than "very well" - January 2021
- Cambridge Demographics Summary, Community Schools Directors - Focuses on demographics of youths and income with other related information - October 2020
- Cambridge Demographics Summary, Human Rights Commission - Focuses on diversity, employment, income, and internet access - October 2020
- Cambridge Demographic Summary - Reviews 2013 - 2017 ACS, 2010 Census, School Department and other data, emphasizing the diversity of the population of Cambridge. Also information on household makeup, education, income distribution, poverty, and internet and computer access - June 2019
- Committee on Immigrant Rights & Citizenship - Presentation with emphasis on foreign born population of Cambridge largely drawing from the 2013 -2017 American Community Survey - March 2019
- Ethiopians in Cambridge - Presentation to the Community Engagement Team conference on providing services to the Ethiopian community of Cambridge - February 2018
- Community Benefits Committee - Augments several slides from the Cambridge Demographic Update with more extensive information about the prevalence of poverty and includes tables from the Cambridge Needs Assessment report - July 2017.
- American Community Survey and Cambridge Demographic Update - April 2009. reviews strengths, weaknesses, and issues associated with use of American Community Survey data from the Census Bureau.
For More Information
For more information about socioeconomic and demographic statistics about Cambridge, please contact Cliff Cook, email@example.com, Senior Planning Information Manager, at 617/349-4656.