Cambridge Entrepreneurship Assistance Program
The City of Cambridge Entrepreneurship Assistance Program is a collaboration between The Capital Network (TCN) and the City to provide training to early-stage entrepreneurs.
The Cambridge Entrepreneurship Assistance Program grants six (6) HUD eligible Cambridge early-stage entrepreneurs with a scholarship to TCN's 6-month membership program, which provides access to entrepreneurial workshops, panels, boot camps, and office hours.
Through the program, Cambridge Entrepreneurship Assistance participants receive:
- Access to 3-4 TCN programs a month on early-stage funding topics
- Advice from former and current entrepreneurs and members of angel groups and venture capital firms (the majority of which are based in New England)
- Tailored guidance to their specific business and funding needs through small workshop groups
- The opportunity to workshop their business pitch in front of experienced entrepreneurs and investors from the Boston-area startup community
CDD will start taking new applications on July 1, 2019.
To learn more about The Capital Network and the 6 month membership program, click here.
The program is open to early-stage entrepreneurs in the:
- consumer products
- clean energy
- high tech
- and life sciences sectors.
The program is funded through Community Development Block Grants (CBDG) from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), and eligibility is based on HUD guidelines. Please read the Eligibility Guidelines for more information about whether you qualify for this program. Please note that non-profit organizations cannot apply.
Program applications will be taken on a competitive basis until the deadline of May 1, 2020. Applications will be reviewed and approved to make sure candidates are a good fit for the program. Women-owned and minority-owned businesses are encouraged to apply. Please click here to fill out the online application. If you would prefer a paper version, please contact Bonnie-May Shantz at email@example.com.
For more information about the Cambridge Entrepreneurship Assistance Program, please contact Bonnie-May Shantz at (617) 349-9122 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.