Do you want to learn to speak and write English?
The Community Learning Center can help you!
- 26 English classes available for Cambridge residents
- 6 levels of English classes (ESOL), including basic literacy
- Students from over 65 countries
- 10-month minimum study
New Student Registrations for English Class
Come to learn more about our English classes! You can also take a placement test to see what level class is best for you if you decide to study. After you register, you will be on a waiting list to start class next year.
Participants must be Cambridge residents. Bring a lease, driver’s license, or mail that shows you are a Cambridge resident when you come.
5 Western Ave.
286 Rindge Ave.
9:30 - 11:30 a.m.
6:30 - 8:30 p.m.
English Class Schedule
English classes meet 2-3 times a week in Central Square (5 Western Ave.) or North Cambridge (286 Rindge Ave). Students can choose morning or evening classes and must commit to a 10-months of classes.
• Morning classes are 2 or 3 mornings a week, from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
• Evening classes are 2 nights a week, from 6:15 p.m. to 9:15 p.m.
English Class for Seniors
CLC offers Beginner English to adults ages 60 and older. Classes are held at the Citywide Senior Center (806 Massachusetts Ave.) on Wednesdays from 9:45 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. View the English Class for Seniors flyer.
For more information, contact Colleen Brennan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-349-6363
Students in English classes also have access to:
- A career advisor
- An education advisor
- Citizenship classes
- Conversation classes
- Basic computer classes
- Support with disabilities
- Family Literacy class for parents
- English class for seniors ages 60 +