Chapter 115 Veterans' Benefits

Veterans Services

Veterans and dependents whose income is below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level, and whose assets do not exceed $5,000 if single or $9,800 if married, may be eligible for Chapter 115 benefits.

If a veteran or dependent qualifies, the veterans' agent will provide a monthly cash benefit to help defray the costs of housing, food, and clothing.

In order to apply for these benefits the following documentation must be provided to the Veterans' Department:

  • Military Discharge (DD214)
  • Marriage Certificate (if married)
  • Veteran's Death Certificate (is widow is apply for benefits)
  • Birth Certificate for children under 19 years old
  • Rent receipt signed by landlord, or current lease
  • 3 Months of bank statements
  • Document all monthly income (Social Security Award Letter, VA Award Letter, 4 weeks of pay stubs)
Page was last modified on 7/28/2022 3:18 PM
Contact Us

How can we help?

Please provide as much detail below as possible so City staff can respond to your inquiry:

As a governmental entity, the Massachusetts Public Records Law applies to records made or received by the City. Any information received through use of this site is subject to the same provisions as information provided on paper.

Read our complete privacy statement

Service Requests

Enter a service request via Commonwealth Connect for things like missed trash pickups, potholes, etc.