City of Cambridge


11/15/2017 3:25 p.m. Expect traffic delays on Sunday, Nov. 19, starting at 7:30 a.m. in Kendall Square, Central Square, Riverside & Cambridgeport during the 2017 Cambridge Half Marathon (Course Time Limit: 3 hours). The event will also impact MBTA bus service along the route. The 13.1 mile race starts at CambridgeSide, heads west through MIT & Harvard to No Beacon St. bridge in Watertown, then back along the Charles River to finish line in Canal Park. More details »


Food and Sanitary Permits

Inspectional Services

Woman at Farmers Market

The Inspectional Services Department (ISD) enforces the State Sanitary Code for establishments including: restaurants, schools, bakeries, daycares, mobile food trucks, package stores, recreational camps, swimming pools and retail stores. ISD also issues temporary food handler permits for special events and farmer's markets.

View Online Service »

Tips and FAQs

Where can you obtain a license for body art and tattoos?

Contact Cambridge Public Health Department at 617-665-3800 or visit

Which permits, licenses and certificates must be posted within a food establishment?

  • All permits, licenses and certificates obtained from the City and State.
  • Food Establishment Permit
  • Allergy Awareness Certificate
  • Choke Saver Certificate
  • Milk License
  • Frozen Dessert License
  • Tobacco License

Where can you obtain a license for tanning salon?

Contact Cambridge Public Health Department at 617-665-3800 or visit

Last Updated: 3/5/2017 | Provide feedback on this page

Got feedback?

Please provide your feedback below: