Apply for a Domestic Partnership

City Clerk's Office

The Domestic Partnership Ordinance allows persons in committed relationships who meet the criteria established by the Ordinance as constituting domestic partnerships to register at the office of the City Clerk and obtain a certificate attesting to their status. The ordinance recognizes certain rights of access for domestic partners. This ordinance, in conformance with the Human Rights Ordinance, which bars discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, marital status and family status, also equalizes the treatment of City employees. 

Note: This city ordinance does not affect state law in many important areas of property rights, custody and inheritance, if you have questions about these issues you should consult a lawyer.

Page was last modified on 5/8/2018 5:06 PM
Provide Feedback

Got feedback?

Please provide your feedback below: