City of Cambridge

Apply for a Variance or Special Permit

Inspectional Services

The Cambridge Zoning Ordinance regulates the development and use of real property in the City and is controlled by MGL 40A. Some uses and/or developments of real property may require relief from the Board of Zoning Appeal (BZA).

The BZA hears requests for Variances, Special Permits, Comprehensive Permits, and Appeals.

Last Updated: 3/4/2017 | Provide feedback on this page

Got feedback?

Please provide your feedback below: