Youth working in office

Apply for the Mayor's Summer Youth Employment Program (MSYEP)

Human Service Programs

The goal of the MSYEP is to serve as a young person’s first job experience and exposure to the world of work. It is open to Cambridge residents at least 14 years old and until the summer after their senior year in high school

How to Start

  1. Fill out the MSYEP application completely. Applications will be available on April 12, 2017.
  2. Rank choices for the type of work you want to do, and list one type of work you do not want to do. 
  3. Each youth must bring his or her own application in person to 51 Inman St or CRLS during the application collection hours, from April 24 - May 5 only. All complete applications turned in during this period will be considered on time.


Must be a Cambridge resident. Be sure your name matches the way it appears on your Social Security Card, which you must have in order to apply.

A parent/guardian must sign a CORI form on behalf of their child that is included in the application packet.

MSYEP is NOT a first-come/first-served program. If the program cannot accept all applicants on-time applicants will be placed in a lottery

Additional Information

One third of the youth are placed in Summer Work and Learning sites, which offer participants a valuable educational and employment experience using the community’s resources to expose youth to potential educational or career paths. 

All youth participate in skill-building workshops for one hour each week and have the opportunity to attend college tours, financial literacy training, and a variety of program-sponsored social events during the summer.

Page was last modified on 2/4/2020 11:03 AM
Contact Us

How can we help?

Please provide as much detail below as possible so City staff can respond to your inquiry:

As a governmental entity, the Massachusetts Public Records Law applies to records made or received by the City. Any information received through use of this site is subject to the same provisions as information provided on paper.

Read our complete privacy statement

Service Requests

Enter a service request via Commonwealth Connect for things like missed trash pickups, potholes, etc., click here