- New Development Log Available
New Development Log Available - 2019 Fourth Quarter
The Development Log, published quarterly, tracks large-scale residential and commercial development projects currently in the permitting or construction phases in the city. The Log contains the name and location of each project, the developer, type of use, and the amount of square footage.
Review the Fourth Quarter 2019 Development Log
Development Log data is available for download through the City's Open Data Portal
Which Projects and Data Are Included?
Criteria for inclusion in the Development Log include:
- Commercial projects totaling over 30,000 square feet;
- Any other commercial project that falls under the jurisdiction of the Incentive Zoning Ordinance;
- Any other commercial project that falls under the jurisdiction of the Parking and Transportation Demand Management Ordinance;
- Residential projects of eight or more units that are new construction or that are rehab/renovation projects altering the existing use by adding to the existing number of units or square footage;
- Any other residential project that falls under the jurisdiction of the Inclusionary Zoning Ordinance;
- Municipal projects in which one or more f City departments have an interest that is considered significant;
- Any other project that has a significant impact on the neighborhood in which it is located.
The Community Development Department's Development Log Dashboard invites users to interactively learn about development activity in Cambridge. The Dashboard displays data from 72 current projects, totaling a combined 13.0 million square feet and including over 5,600 units of housing. The Dashboard allows users to:
- Zoom into development locations on a city map
- Explore development projects by neighborhood
- Search projects by address, primary use, and status
- View amount of affordable and market-rate housing units in each development
- Determine the amount of permitted parking spaces allocated to each project
For More Information
For more information please contact Cliff Cook, Senior Planning Information Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617/349-4656.
To learn more about the Development Log visit the web page.
To download data go to the Open Data web portal.