- 2020 Small Business Challenge Winners Announced
2020 Small Business Challenge Winners Announced
12/23/2019 • 4 years ago
The information on this page may be outdated as it was published 4 years ago.
The 2020 Small Business Challenge awarded grants to a record number of projects in nearly all of the city’s commercial districts. Proposals were evaluated for their potential to improve design, promotion, and business resilience in a commercial area.
Several projects have already been implemented and others will be finalized by May 2020.
The following business groups and business associations were selected as the 2020 Small Business Challenge grant recipients:
- The Central Square Business Improvement District used funding to install seasonal light pole banners that celebrate Central Square businesses. The installation of the banners coincided with the City’s Small Business Saturday celebration to encourage patrons to shop local during the holiday season.
- The East Cambridge Business Association will use funding to enhance their website to better highlight their district and members. Funding will also support their social media efforts and use of new, professional photos of Inman and East Cambridge.
- The Harvard Square Business Association will use funding to install new light pole banners promoting the Winter Carnival in January.
- The Kendall Square Association will use funding for website updates that better showcase the events and activities of their business members. The website will also offer new features to make it easier for users to connect with Kendall Square area businesses for event space and/or catering.
- The business of block 2200 North Mass Ave. (NOCA) used funding to install seasonal decorations in their commercial area. Grant funding also supported the branding and marketing for the NOCA Holiday Stroll, a new holiday event that increases the area’s placemaking efforts.
- The businesses in the South of Porter Square area used funding to purchase and install decorative lighting for current and future holiday seasons.
The Small Business Challenge is an annual grant program that invites Cambridge small businesses, business associations, and groups of neighborhood businesses to propose projects that will enhance and invigorate their commercial areas and business districts.
Learn more: cambridgema.gov/SBC