Small Business Coaching
The City of Cambridge will offer the Cambridge Small Business Coaching Program to established Cambridge small services and/or retailers who are eligible based on the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG/HUD) criteria. To check your business' eligibility, click here.
The Small Business Coaching Program offers eligible business owners up to 2 hours of free, one-on-one coaching from industry experts. Coaching can be two, one-hour sessions, or split up in other ways that work best for you and the coach. Our experts can help with:
- Financial Planning – including cash flow analysis, reviewing financial statements, long-term financial planning, tax planning and setting business investment goals
- Legal Consultation - including legal issues, contract and lease review, entity assistance
- Marketing - including marketing strategy, branding, social media, website, and e-commerce
- Interior Design / Merchandising / Architecture - including layout and interior design, lighting and layout (e.g. displays, fixtures, equipment, flooring, and signage)
- Restaurant Operations / Food Service - including outdoor dining layout, internal socially-spaced layout advice, point of sale, hiring, inventory assistance, menu design and operations
- Web design / Branding design - including planning website design, refining visual website content, search engine optimization, or branding and logo design
The Small Business Coaching Program entails two steps:
- Once your application is received, reviewed and approved, you will be emailed or called to set-up a time for up to 2 hours of coaching.
The Cambridge Small Business Coaching Program is offered to established Cambridge small services and/or retailers who are eligible based on the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG/HUD) criteria. To check your business' eligibility, click here.
Please note - only one coach per business.** This program is a first come, first served program. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
For More Information
If you have any questions about the Small Business Coaching Program, please contact Bonnie-May Shantz at firstname.lastname@example.org or (617) 349-9122.