Small Business Coaching
The City of Cambridge will offer the Cambridge Small Business Coaching Program to established Cambridge small services and/or retailers who are eligible based on the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG/HUD) criteria. To check your business' eligibility, click here.
For more information on additional COVID-19 related business assistance, click here.
The Small Business Coaching Program offers eligible business owners up to 2 hours of free, one-on-one coaching from industry experts. Coaching can be two, one-hour sessions, or split up in other ways that work best for you and the coach. Our experts can help with:
- Financial Planning – including COVID-related financial planning (e.g. financial strategy for managing pandemic debts), cash flow analysis, reviewing financial statements, long-term financial planning, tax planning and setting business investment goals
- Commercial Insurance - including COVID-related insurance issues, commercial insurance advice, insurance contract advise, and business stoppage insurance advice
- Legal Consultation - including COVID-related legal issues (e.g. pandemic-related contract issues), contract and lease review, entity assistance
- Marketing - including new COVID-related marketing strategy, branding, social media, website, and e-commerce
- Interior Design / Merchandising / Architecture - including new COVID-related socially-spaced layout and interior design, lighting and layout (e.g. displays, fixtures, equipment, flooring, and signage)
- Restaurant Operations / Food Service - including new COVID-related outdoor dining layout, internal socially-spaced layout advice, point of sale, hiring, inventory assistance, menu design and operations
The Small Business Coaching Program entails two steps:
- Decide what type assistance expertise you need: marketing, architecture/interior design, legal assistance, financial planning, commercial insurance or restaurant operations/management.
- Check your eligibility here.
- Complete an application. Send your business certificate and application to Bonnie-May Shantz, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once your application is received, reviewed and approved, you will be emailed or called to set-up a time for up to 2 hours of coaching over the phone or via online video call. Restaurant operations coaching may happen on-site.
The Cambridge Small Business Coaching Program is offered to established Cambridge small services and/or retailers who are eligible based on the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG/HUD) criteria. To check your business' eligibility, click here.
Please note - only one coach per business.** This program is a first come, first served program. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
**Currently there is a special CARES component to this Program. If a business is eligible, they may be able to access two coaching opportunities this year. This is subject to the availability CARES federal funding. First come, first served.
For More Information
If you have any questions about the Small Business Coaching Program, please contact Bonnie-May Shantz at email@example.com or (617) 349-9122.