Small Business Coaching
The City of Cambridge will offer the Cambridge Small Business Coaching Program to established Cambridge small services and/or retailers who are eligible based on the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG/HUD) criteria. To check your business' eligibility, click here.
The Small Business Coaching Program offers eligible business owners up to 2 hours of free, one-on-one coaching from industry experts. Our experts can help with:
- Interior Design / Merchandising / Architecture - including lighting and layout
- Legal Consultation - including contract and lease review, entity assistance
- Marketing - including branding, social media, website, and e-commerce
- Financial Planning - including cash flow analysis, reviewing financial statements, long-term financial planning, tax planning and setting business investment goals
- Restaurant / Food Service - including point of sale, hiring, inventory assistance, menu design and operations
The Small Business Coaching Program entails two steps:
Step I – Fill out the application (click here) and indicate what type assistance you are looking for. The city has coaches specializing in marketing, architecture/interior design, legal assistance, financial planning, or restaurant operations/management.
Step II – Once your application is received and reviewed, you will be emailed or called about a time for your coach to come to your business location to provide up to 2 hours of coaching. Coaching can be two, one-hour sessions, or split up in other ways that work out best for you and the coach’s schedules.
Please note - only one coach per business. This program is a first come, first served program with a final deadline of May 2020.
To apply to the Small Business Coaching Program, please fill out this application and return it to Bonnie-May Shantz, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For More Information
If you have any questions about the Small Business Coaching Program, please contact Bonnie-May Shantz at email@example.com or (617) 349-9122.