U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

Official websites use .gov
A .gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States.

Secure .gov websites use HTTPS
A lock ( ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .gov website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.


Displaying 71-80 of 191 results
Service Department

Garage, Flammables, or Garage with Flammables License

Garage, Flammables or Garage with Flammables Licenses are issued by the Cambridge License Commission.

License Commission617-349-6140

Gas Fitting Permit

A gas fitting permit is required for all work to be performed in accordance with the pertinent provision of the Massachusetts State Plumbing Code and Chapter 142 of the General Laws.

Inspectional Services617-349-6100

GIS Data Downloads

The public can download City GIS data and use it free of charge.


Graffiti Removal

The City's graffiti removal program

Public Works617-349-4800

Hackney License

Hackney Licenses are issued by the Cambridge License Commission and are governed by the Special Acts 1922 ch. 95 and Cambridge Regulations & Ordinances, ch. 5.20.

License Commission617-349-6140

Harvard Square Construction Impact Mitigation

The Community Development Department and the Department of Public Works are collaborating with the Harvard Square Business Association to mitigate construction-related impacts on local businesses from a variety of construction projects in the area.

Community Development617-349-4600

High School Equivalency Credential Program

The Community Learning Center's High School Equivalency Credential Program prepares students to take the HiSET or GED test.

Human Service Programs617-349-6200

Historical Research Services

The Historical Commission's library and archive are open to the public for research.

Historical Commission617-349-4683

Homebuyer Resources

The Community Development Department's Housing Division offers programs and resources to assist interested first-time homebuyers through every step of the homebuying process.

Community Development617-349-4600

Homeless and Eviction-Prevention Services

The Cambridge Multi-Service Center (MSC) addresses the needs of homeless individuals and families and people facing eviction who are living in our community.

Human Service Programs617-349-6200
Contact Us

How can we help?

Please provide as much detail below as possible so City staff can respond to your inquiry:

As a governmental entity, the Massachusetts Public Records Law applies to records made or received by the City. Any information received through use of this site is subject to the same provisions as information provided on paper.

Read our complete privacy statement

Service Requests

Enter a service request via SeeClickFix for things like missed trash pickups, potholes, etc., click here