- New Development Log Available - 2023 Q2
New Development Log Available - 2023 Quarter 2
7/31/2023 • 6 months ago
The Cambridge Development Log is a quarterly publication that tracks large-scale residential and commercial development projects.
The latest Development Log includes data from 76 active and one complete project totaling a combined 15.9 million square feet, including over 5,200 housing units of which over 900 are affordable units.
Review the Second Quarter 2023 Development Log
The Development Log Dashboard invites users to interactively learn about development activity:
- Zoom into development locations on a map
- Explore projects by neighborhood
- Search projects by address, primary use, and status
- View amount of affordable and market-rate housing units in each development
- Determine the number of permitted parking spaces allocated to each project
What is Included?
The Log contains the name and location of each project, the developer, type of use, and the amount of square footage.
Criteria for inclusion in the Development Log include:
- Commercial projects totaling over 30,000 square feet;
- Any other commercial project that falls under the jurisdiction of the Incentive Zoning Ordinance;
- Any other commercial project that falls under the jurisdiction of the Parking and Transportation Demand Management Ordinance;
- Residential projects of eight or more units that are either new construction, convert from a non-residential use, or add to or subtract from the existing number of units or square footage;
- Any other residential project that falls under the jurisdiction of the Inclusionary Zoning Ordinance;
- Any other residential projects that employ 100% Affordable Housing Overlay zoning;
- Municipal projects in which one or more City departments have an interest considered significant;
- Any other project that has a significant impact on the neighborhood in which it is located.
Learn more about Development Log data.
Development Log data is available for download through the City's Open Data Portal
For More Information
For more information please contact Cliff Cook, Senior Planning Information Manager, at email@example.com or 617-349-4656.
To learn more about the Development Log visit the web page.