Business Development Workshops
LIVE ON-LINE Workshops!
& previously recorded workshops are available for viewing.
The Economic Development Division works with the Center for Women & Enterprise, Cambridge Community Television (CCTV), Commonwealth of Massachusetts, SCORE Boston, and local organizations to provide business development programs and services to Cambridge residents, entrepreneurs, and businesses.
Click here for a list of previously recorded workshops that are now available for viewing.
Please note - classes may be cancelled or postponed due to weather or lack of registration. Please call the Division at 617/349-4637 day-of to check the status of a workshop.
CANCELLED in person workshops - Effective March 13, 2020 through May 18, 2020, all public meetings of the City, advisory groups, and community meetings that are not transacting official City business, issuing permits or licenses, or taking actions required within certain time frames have been cancelled or postponed. For more details and updates, please visit the City’s website at www.cambridgema.gov/covid19.
ON-LINE WORKSHOPS - See below information about workshops that are being offered on-line for live streaming.
Accounting Basics - ON-LINE Workshop
- Date: Wednesday, May 20, 2020
- Time: 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Location: CCTV, 438 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139
- Presenter: Cindy Houle. Free to Cambridge residents and business owners. $10 for non-Cambridge participants.
- Description: Are you keeping your own books? Or do you just want to get a better working knowledge of financial and accounting concepts? In this introductory workshop we'll be going over the basics of accounting and related terminology. We'll review how to keep accurate accounts, review cash flow statements – profit and loss, create simple balance sheets and more.
- To register, contact Rona Abrahams at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 617-349-4637.
Live On-Line Webinar - Supplier Diversity Office (SDO) Pre-Certification Workshop
- Date: Thursday, June 4, 2020
- Time: 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Sponsored by The Commonwealth of Massachusetts, OSD. Free to all.
- Description: This workshop is designed for businesses that are interested in learning how to apply for SDO certification. Attendance at a Pre-Certification Workshop is required before a business may apply for certification as a Minority, Woman, and/or Veteran Business Enterprise.This workshop will provide information on how to begin the certification process. Certification may help your business to:
- Become more marketable for government entities
- Learn about new government bidding opportunities
- Create Business to Business (B2B) partnerships.
- To register, click here or go to https://bit.ly/38gxUrh. For more information please call 617-720-3300.