Home Improvement Programs
The City's Home Improvement Program (HIP) provides low-interest and deferred payment home improvement loans as well as technical assistance in selecting and working with home improvement contractors. Assistance is available to income-eligible owners of condominiums, single family homes and 2- to 4-unit multi-family homes.
These loans can assist with:
- Correction of health and safety code violations
- Elimination of lead paint hazards
- Installation of energy conservation measures, such as new windows and insulation
- Roof replacement and other exterior repairs
- Other needed repairs to kitchens, baths, heating systems, etc.
City assistance through the HIP program is available through two local non-profit agencies: Homeowner’s Rehab, Inc (HRI), and Just-A-Start Corporation (JAS). To be directed to one of these agencies, please contact Emily Salomon at 617/349-4661 or email@example.com.
Once you contact an agency, the staff at the agency will:
- determine your eligibility,
- help you identify necessary repairs
- estimate costs of the repairs
- and assess your eligibility for low-interest financing
Once a HIP loan has been approved, agency staff will
- help find home improvement contractors to make the repairs
- assist owners in working with contractors through the rehab process
TO APPLY FOR A HIP LOAN OR FOR MORE INFORMATION
If you wish to begin the HIP loan process or need more information about the City's HIP program, please contact Emily Salomon at 617/349-4661 or firstname.lastname@example.org